Here’s Five Rape Prevention Tips for Men:
1. If someone is drunk, don’t rape them.
2. When you see someone walking by themselves, leave them alone.
3. Use the Buddy System! If it is difficult for you to stop yourself from raping someone, ask a trusted friend to accompany you at all times.
4. Carry a rape whistle. If you find that you are about to rape someone, now the whistle until someone comes to stop you.
5. Don’t forget: Honesty is the best policy, don’t pretend that you are interested in them as a person. Tell them straight up that you expect to be raping them later. If you don’t communicate your intentions, they may take it as a sign that you do not plan to rape them.
Rape culture directs women to police their clothing, beverages, behaviour, and sexuality at all times to avoid men. It portrays men as powerless against their violent sexual urges. Rape culture demeans everyone, and everyone should speak out against rape culture.
Zero tolerance. Men are the problem. Men need to fix the problem. All men need to stand up and talk to other men about it. This isn’t a Woman’s problem. This is a mans problem to solve.
1 in 4 women are victims of sexual assault in their lifetimes, 1 in 4. That’s just not right and before anyone says, well maybe it’s a socio economic group thing, it’s not, it’s across the board, it’s everywhere.
1 in 4–25%
So I ask all my men friends — what are you going to do about it, we can certainly educate our children, and talk to them about it and make sure that the next generation is better and maybe you are thinking that you can’t do anything about it, well you can, start the conversation.
Men didn’t talk about mental health, the way they do today, 10 years ago, we didn’t talk about getting our balls or, as we get older, our prostates checked, but we do now, we’ve normalised it, we’ve made it part of our conversation.
Make this part of your conversation, make this what you talk about and openly discuss, because maybe you only change one view and maybe they change another, and another, and another and it gets more traction and it grows and grows and soon it becomes the nom.
Start the conversation.
Be a Man and solve the Man Problem.
Feel free to copy this, to share this, and if you don’t agree with me, I don’t want you to not talk to me, challenge me on it, do it here or do it privately I don’t mind, but at least we’re talking about it.
*Another one small tip, if you see women on their own having a chat, and you don’t know them, feel free to leave them alone to continue their chat, chances are that their day is going to be just fine without you…….